I checked my blog stats this morning and noticed that at some point last week this blog received visitor number 100,000. That's 100,000 reasons for me to be grateful.
When I started this blog as a personal experiment, I wasn't even sure that I'd keep it going. I was originally inspired by two friends and pastors, Mark Batterson and Chilly Chilton. I loved the way their blogs drew me into their lives and ministries.
Now there are so many things I appreciate about my blogging journey.
- New friendships
- Development of old friendships
- A place to share life and vision with leaders and friends at Church of the King
- The idea exchange with other church leaders
- A brotherhood of online church planters
- A forum through which to do the hard work of putting my thoughts into words
- The opportunity to process what God is saying to me
- Becoming a practical historian by writing spiritual autobiography for my kids and grandkids
- Creation of a digital set of footprints that reveal the grand themes of my life
I feel honored by everyone who has taken time to visit my blog, share comments, and join my journey. And I can't wait for 200,000!